BAR 42:06, Nov/Dec 2016
Biblical Archaeology Review
November/December 2016 • Volume 42 Number 06
- Ammon, Moab and Edom: Gods and Kingdoms East of the Jordan
- By Joel S. Burnett
- Deir ‘Alla Inscription
- Pigs as an Ethnic Marker? You Are What You Eat
- By Lidar Sapir-Hen
- Relics in Rubble: The Temple Mount Sifting Project
- By Gabriel Barkay and Zachi Dvira
- Sift and Learn: How to Volunteer
- What the Temple Mount Floor Looked Like
- By Gabriel Barkay, Zachi Dvira and Frankie Snyder
- First Person: Why Consult Scholarship to Judge “Jesus’ Wife” Fragment?
- By Hershel Shanks
- Biblical Views: Unholy Ink: What Does the Bible Say about Tattoos?
- By Mark W. Chavalas
- Archaeological Views: Turkey’s Treasures in Trouble
- By Mark R. Fairchild
- Strata: Sunken Cargo at Herod’s Port City
- Strata: In History
- Strata: The Bible in the News: So It Sayeth
- By Leonard J. Greenspoon
- Strata: 2016 BAS Scholarship Winners
- Strata: What Is It?
- Strata: Tinsel Town’s Take on Ancient Egyptian Myth
- Strata: In Their Own Words
- Strata: Michael Is Mended
- Strata: How Many?
- Strata: Exhibit Watch: Jerusalem at the Gates of Heaven
- Strata: Cartoon Caption Contest
- ReViews: The Significance of Ancient Cities to the Bible’s Formation
- By Cynthia Shafer-Elliott
- Queries & Comments
- Responses to Inmate in “Administrative Segregation”
BAS Library Explorer Email Newsletter
The BAS Library Explorer email newsletter offers library members an entrée into the vast array of material available in the BAS Library. Enjoy past editions of the newsletter by browsing below.