BAR 38:05, Sep/Oct 2012
Biblical Archaeology Review
September/October 2012 • Volume 38 Number 05
- BAR 38:05, Sep/Oct 2012
- Machaerus: Where Salome Danced and John the Baptist Was Beheaded
- By Győző Vörös
- Matthew 14:1–12
- Antipas—The Herod Jesus Knew
- By Morten Hørning Jensen
- Did Eilat Mazar Find David’s Palace?
- By Avraham Faust
- Josephus vs. Jeremiah
- By Avishai Margalit
- First Person: Should Israel Return the Tablets of the Law to Egypt?
- By Hershel Shanks
- Biblical Views: How the Mother God Got Spayed
- By April D. DeConick
- Archaeological Views: Should Archaeology Be Used as a Source of Testable Hypotheses About the Bible?
- By Kevin McGeough
- Another View: Christopher Rollston’s Methodology of Caution
- By Yosef Garfinkel
- Demsky’s Dissenting View Online
- Strata: Violence Ramps Up Against Israel’s Archaeological Sites
- Strata: How Many?
- The Bible in the News: Willing but Weak: Mind over Matter?
- By Leonard J. Greenspoon
- Strata: “Bethlehem” from IAA Dig Found by Archaeologist IAA Arrested
- Strata: World’s Great Libraries Go Digital
- Strata: Milestones: Purity Paper Wins Prestigious Prize
- Strata: What Is It?
- Strata; Winged Goddess on Ring Found in Abandoned Hoard
- Strata: In Their Own Words
- Strata: In History
- Strata: Scholars Seek Amateur Assistance
- Strata: BAR Scholarships Send Diggers to Biblical Sites
- Strata: Goren Bars Students from Publishing in BAR
- Strata: Exhibit Watch: A Jewel from the Crown
- Strata: Cartoon Caption Contest
- ReViews: Tradition and Proclamation: A Galilean Teacher and a Diaspora Jew
- By Sean Freyne
- ReViews: Assessing Biblical Atlases
- By Harold Brodsky
- Catalog Capsule
- Queries & Comments
BAS Library Explorer Email Newsletter
The BAS Library Explorer email newsletter offers library members an entrée into the vast array of material available in the BAS Library. Enjoy past editions of the newsletter by browsing below.