BAR 38:04, Jul/Aug 2012
Biblical Archaeology Review
July/August 2012 • Volume 38 Number 04
- “Brother of Jesus” Inscription Is Authentic!
- By Hershel Shanks
- Turkey’s Unexcavated Synagogues
- By Mark R. Fairchild
- “Sabbath Keepers” Inscription at Çatiören
- Did Pharaoh Sheshonq Attack Jerusalem?
- By Yigal Levin
- How Sheshonq Became Shishak
- Anatomy of a Relief
- Egyptian God Amun Welcomes His Son
- Sheshonq’s Campaign and the “Low Chronology”
- Can Archaeology Help Date the Psalms?
- By Mitchell First
- Psalms: First North American Book
- Early Ayin Evolves
- First Person: LaBianca’s Four Different Kinds of “Past”
- By Hershel Shanks
- Biblical Views: Critical Biblical Scholarship—What’s the Use?
- By Ronald S. Hendel
- Archaeological Views: The Archaeology of Scribbles
- By Davida Eisenberg-Degen
- Strata: First Revolt Shekel Sells for $1.1 Million
- Strata: How Many?
- Strata: Just for Fun: How a Modern Tabloid would Headline Events in the Bible
- Strata: The Bible in the News: Like the Birds and the Bees … and the Bunnies
- By Leonard J. Greenspoon
- Strata: Frank Lloyd Wright Designs Archaeological Museum for Baghdad
- Strata: What Is It?
- Strata: In History
- Strata: Milestones: London Ph.D. Candidate Wins Dever Prize
- Strata: Milestones: BAR Authors Among Book Prize Winners for Archaeology of Israel
- Strata: Milestones: Jane Schaberg (1938–2012)
- Strata: Visit the Israel Museum—At Home
- Strata: In Their Own Words
- Strata: Temple Mount Model Back in Jerusalem 140 Years Later
- Strata: Exhibit Watch: Another Day in Paradise
- Strata: Cartoon Caption Contest
- ReViews: The King’s Coins
- By David Hendin
- ReViews: The ABCs of Early Israel
- By Alan R. Millard
- Queries & Comments
BAS Library Explorer Email Newsletter
The BAS Library Explorer email newsletter offers library members an entrée into the vast array of material available in the BAS Library. Enjoy past editions of the newsletter by browsing below.