BAR 37:06, Nov/Dec 2011
Biblical Archaeology Review
November/December 2011 • Volume 37 Number 06
- Condemned to the Mines
- By Thomas E. Levy and Mohammad Najjar
- Excarnation: Food For Vultures
- By Rami Arav
- Ossuaries: Granaries for the Soul?
- Hercules in Galilee
- By Michael Eisenberg and Arthur Segal
- Hercules: Trendy Israelite Bathhouse Décor
- Fudging with Forgeries
- By Hershel Shanks
- The Origin of Israelite Sacrifice
- By William W. Hallo
- First Person: Antiquities in Poems
- By Ronny Reich
- The Potter
- Biblical Views: Are Feminists Biased About the Bible?
- By Jane Schaberg
- Archaeological Views: New Eyeballs on Ancient Texts
- By Bruce Zuckerman
- Strata: Lost Syriac Text Gives Magi’s View of the Christmas Story
- Strata: How Many?
- Strata: The Bible in the News
- By Leonard J. Greenspoon
- Strata: Is This What the Temple Menorah Looked Like?
- Strata: A Menorah at Persepolis?
- Strata: In History
- Strata: Caligula Reveals His True Colors
- Strata: In Their Own Words
- Strata: What Is It?
- Strata: Exhibit Watch: Ancient Glassmaker’s Wares on Display at Israel Museum
- Strata: Cartoon Caption Contest
- ReViews: Down and Dirty in Jesus’ Time
- By Shaye J. D. Cohen
- ReViews: A Museological Moment
- By Steven Fine
- Queries & Comments
BAS Library Explorer Email Newsletter
The BAS Library Explorer email newsletter offers library members an entrée into the vast array of material available in the BAS Library. Enjoy past editions of the newsletter by browsing below.