Just for Fun: Why God Never Received Tenure at Hebrew University
1. Because he had only one major publication.
2. And it was in Hebrew.
3. And it had no references.
4. And it wasn’t published in a refereed journal.
5. And some even doubt he wrote it!
6. It may be true that he created the world, but what has he done since?
7. His cooperative efforts have been quite limited.
8. The scientific community has had a very rough time trying to repeat his results.
9. If he were true to his beliefs he would have applied to Bar-Ilan University.
10. His teaching ability is in question because he refuses to meet with students face-to-face.
11. The overseas referees to whom the promotion committee wrote had never heard of him.
Observed tacked to the office door of Peter Machinist, professor of Hebrew and other …