BAR 33:04, Jul/Aug 2007
• Should scholars publish unprovenanced inscriptions?
• Should scholars authenticate inscriptions that come from the antiquities market?
• What is a scholar’s moral obligation to avoid encouraging looting?
• Do we need a protocol setting forth suggested scholarly procedures in dealing with unprovenanced artifacts?
• Should senior scholars alert the academic community to suspected forgeries?
• Are all scholars inherently biased?
• Where does the burden of proof of authenticity lie with regard to artifacts that surface on the antiquities market?