BAR 39:03, May/Jun 2013
Biblical Archaeology Review
May/June 2013 • Volume 39 Number 03
- The Christian Flight to Pella: True or Tale?
- By Stephen Bourke
- Caustic Coffin?
- Wooden Beams from Herod’s Temple Mount: Do They Still Exist?
- By Peretz Reuven
- Cedars of Lebanon: Exploring the Roots
- By Nili Liphschitz
- “The Lord Is One”: How Its Meaning Changed
- By Esther Eshel and Armin Lange
- First Person: Old Sherds, New Science
- By Hershel Shanks
- Biblical Views: Left-Handed Sons of Right-Handers
- By Joanna Klein and Boyd Seevers
- Archaeological Views: Returning to Jezreel
- By Jennie Ebeling and Norma Franklin
- Strata: Da Vinci’s Enigmatic Last Supper
- Strata: $5,000 in Prizes for ASOR/SBL Papers
- Strata: The Bible in the News: Biblical Book-Ends
- By Leonard J. Greenspoon
- Strata: What Is It?
- Strata: Iron Age Weapons—From Cold Metal to Warm-Blooded Animals
- Strata: In History
- Strata: Pharaoh Merneptah’s Massive Burial Box
- Strata: Milestones: Victor Hurowitz (1948–2013)
- Strata: He Got “Hooked”
- Strata: Dead Sea Scroll Scholar’s Son Off to Jail
- Strata: In Their Own Words
- Strata: How Many?
- Strata: Exhibit Watch: Cyrus Cylinder Begins American Tour
- Strata: Cartoon Caption Contest
- ReViews: In the Footsteps of Wilson and Warren
- By Shimon Gibson
- ReViews: The Most Brilliant Scroll Scholar
- By Weston W. Fields
- ReViews: Catalog Capsule
- Queries & Comments
BAS Library Explorer Email Newsletter
The BAS Library Explorer email newsletter offers library members an entrée into the vast array of material available in the BAS Library. Enjoy past editions of the newsletter by browsing below.