Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- Hershel Shanks, “Predilections—Is the ‘Brother of Jesus’ Inscription a Forgery?” BAR, September/October 2015.
- Strata: “Notes of KJ Bible Translation,” BAR, May/June 2016.
- Bruce Zuckerman, Archaeological Views: “New Eyeballs on Ancient Texts,” BAR, November/December 2011.
- Frankie Snyder, Gabriel Barkay and Zachi Dvira, “What the Temple Mount Floor Looked Like,” BAR, November/December 2016.
The Virgin Mary
- Tony Burke, “‘Lost Gospels’—Lost No More,” BAR, September/October 2016.
- Ronald F. Hock and David R. Cartlidge, “The Favored One,” Bible Review, June 2001.
- Stephen Goranson, “7 vs 8,” Bible Review, August 1996.
- David R. Cartlidge, “How Can This Be?” Bible Review, December 2002.
- Robert J. Miller, “The Gospels That Didn’t Make the Cut,” Bible Review, August 1993.
- Robin M. Jensen, “Witnessing the Divine,” Bible Review, December 2001.
- Stephen J. Patterson, “The Oxyrhynchus Papyri,” BAR, March/April 2011.
- Tom McCollough, “Searching for Cana: Where Jesus Turned Water into Wine,” BAR, November/December 2015.