Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- Hershel Shanks, “The Jerusalem Wall That Shouldn’t Be There,” BAR, May/June 1987.
- Hershel Shanks, “Yes, Virginia, There IS an American Biblical Archaeology Museum,” BAR, November/December 2004.
- Matthew Bogdanos, “Firsthand Report: Tracking Down the Looted Treasures of Iraq,” BAR, November/December 2005.
- Richard Elliott Friedman, “Taking the Biblical Text Apart,” Bible Review, Fall 2005.
- Richard Elliott Friedman, “Ancient Biblical Interpreters vs. Archaeology & Modern Scholars,” BAR, January/February 2008.
- Strata: “Caligula Reveals His True Colors,” BAR, November/December 2011.
- Louis H. Feldman, “Financing the Colosseum,” BAR, July/August 2001.
- Estelle Reed, “A Second Triumphal Arch of Titus Discovered,” Bible History Daily, (blog), originally published on June 11, 2015.
- Steven Fine, “The Temple Menorah—Where Is It?” BAR, July/August 2005.
- Noah Wiener, “Yeshiva University Project Shines a Colorful Digital Light on the Arch of Titus,” Bible History Daily (blog), originally published on June 22, 2012.
Mary Magdalene’s Hometown
- Joey Corbett, “New Synagogue Excavations In Israel and Beyond,” Bible Review, BAR, July/August 2011
Whom Do You Believe?
- Baruch Halpern, “Erasing History,” Bible Review, December 1995.
- Hershel Shanks, “Face to Face: Biblical Minimalists Meet Their Challengers,” BAR, July/August 1997.
- Yosef Garfinkel, “The Birth & Death of Biblical Minimalism,” BAR, May/June 2011.
- “‘David’ Found at Dan: Inscription Crowns 27 Years of Exciting Discoveries,” BAR, March/April 1994.
- Avraham Biran, “More Fragments from ‘David’ Stela Found at Dan,” BAR, September/October 1994.
- André Lemaire, “‘House of David’ Restored in Moabite Inscription,” BAR, May/June 1994.
- Eilat Mazar, “Did I Find King David’s Palace?” BAR, January/February 2006.
- Avraham Faust, “Did Eilat Mazar Find David’s Palace?” BAR, September/October 2012.
- Nadav Na’aman, “The Interchange Between Bible and Archaeology,” BAR, March/April 2010.
- Hershel Shanks, “An Ending and a Beginning,” BAR, May/June 1990.
- Yosef Garfinkel, Michael Hasel and Martin Klingbeil, “Rejected! Qeiyafa’s Unlikely Second Gate,” BAR, January/February 2017.
- Yosef Garfinkel, Saar Ganor and Joseph Baruch Silver, “Church of the Apostles Found on Mt. Zion,” BAR, May/June 1990.
More Real Bible People
- Lawrence Mykytiuk, “Archaeology Confirms 50 Real People in the Bible,” BAR, March/April 2014.
- Lawrence Mykytiuk, “50 People in the Bible Confirmed Archaeologically,” Bible History Daily (blog), originally published March 3, 2014.
- “Queries & Comments,” BAR, July/August 2014
- Laurie E. Pearce, “How Bad Was the Babylonian Exile?” BAR, September/October 2016