Health, disease and healing
1. Death from heatstroke is mentioned once in the Bible. Who is the victim?
2. Was mouth-to-mouth resuscitation ever performed by any Biblical persons?
3. Which New Testament person was temporarily blinded by having something like “scales” covering his eyes?
4. What medical conditions were believed to be the result of physical possession by demons?
5. Name the one individual in the Bible who was born with six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot.
6. Who used spit (saliva) as a medicine in the Bible?
7. King Asa, in his old age, suffered from a disease in what part of his body?
8. Name the pool of water in Jerusalem, at the time of Jesus, that was believed to heal the first person to enter it after the occurrence of a natural disturbance in the water level or surface of the water.
9. Which Old Testament kings suffered from insanity?
10. Does leprosy occur in the Bible?
Prepared by Richard N. Jones, Middle East Center, Univ. of Utah; and Department of Human Trace Metal Analysis, Associated Regional and University Pathologists, Inc., Salt Lake City, Utah.