BAR Notables September/October 2015
Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- Hershel Shanks, “Biblical Archaeology: Whither and Whence,” BAR, March/April 2015.
- Hershel Shanks, First Person: “LaBianca’s Four Different Kinds of ‘Past,’” BAR, July/August 2012.
- Menahem Haran, “Altar-Ed States,” Bible Review, February 1995.
- Menahem Haran, “Explaining the Identical Lines at the End of Chronicles and the Beginning of Ezra,” Bible Review, Fall 1986.
- “Jeremiah’s Opponents,” sidebar to Eilat Mazar, “The Wall That Nehemiah Built,” BAR, March/April 2009.
- Strata: Exhibit Watch: “Jeremiah Brought Back to Life,” BAR, March/April 2012.
- Lawrence Mykytiuk, “Archaeology Confirms 50 Real People in the Bible,” BAR, March/April 2014.
- Strata: “How Many?” BAR, January/February 2015.
- Mary Joan Leith, ReViews: Restoring Nudity BAR, May/June 2014.
- Itzhaq Beit-Arieh, “Fifteen Years in Sinai,” BAR, July/August 1984.
- Hershel Shanks, Frank Moore Cross—Conversations with a Bible Scholar (Washington, DC: Biblical Archaeology Society, 1994).
- Hershel Shanks, “Where Is Mount Sinai?” BAR, March/April 2014.
- Hershel Shanks, “Who Owns the Codex Sinaiticus?” BAR, November/December 2007.
- Hershel Shanks, “How the Septuagint Differs,” BAR, June 1976.
- David Marcus and James A. Sanders, “What’s Critical About a Critical Edition of the Bible?” BAR, November/December 2013.
- Emanuel Tov, “Searching for the ‘Original’ Bible,” BAR, July/August 2014.
- Carolyn Osiek, “The Shepherd of Hermas,” Bible Review, October 1994.
- André Lemaire, “Burial Box of James the Brother of Jesus,” BAR, November/December 2002.
- “The Storm over the Bone Box,” BAR, September/October 2003.
- Hershel Shanks, “‘Brother of Jesus’ Inscription Is Authentic!” BAR, July/August 2012.
- “Update: Finds or Fakes?” BAR, March/April 2005.