BAR Notables March/April 2014
Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- Hershel Shanks“Brother of Jesus’ Inscription Is Authentic,” BAR, July/August 2012.
- Birger A. Pearson, “Did Jesus Marry?” Bible Review, Spring 2005.
- Steven Bourke, “The Christian Flight to Pella: True or Tale?” BAR, May/June 2013.
- Strata, Milestones: “Itamar Singer (1946–2012),” BAR, January/February 2013.
- Sidebar “Psalms: First North American Book,” BAR, July/August 2012.
- Strata, “Turkish Delight: Ancient Israelites Import Honeybees,” BAR, November/December 2010.
- Amihai Mazar and Nava Panitz-Cohen, “To What God? Altar and House Shrine from Tel Rehov Puzzle Archaeologists,” BAR, July/August 2008.
- Emmanuel Anati, “Has Mt. Sinai Been Found?” BAR, July/August 1985.
- Israel Finkelstein, “Raider of the Lost Mountain—An Israeli Archaeologist Looks at the Most Recent Attempt to Locate Mt. Sinai,” BAR, July/August 1988.
- Davida Eisenberg-Degen, “Archaeological Views: The Archaeology of Scribbles,” BAR, July/August 2012.
- Abraham Malamat, “Let My People Go and Go and Go and Go,” BAR, January/February 1998.
- Itzhaq Beit-Arieh, “Fifteen Years in Sinai,” BAR, July/August 1984.
- Israel Finkelstein and Aviram Perevolotsky, “The Southern Sinai Exodus Route in Ecological Perspective,” BAR, July/August 1985.
- “Past Perfect: A Pilgrim on Mt. Sinai,” BAR, January/February 2007.
50 Real People
- Avraham Biran, “‘David’ Found at Dan,” BAR, March/April 1994.
- Hershel Shanks, “Will Hezekiah Be Dislodged from His Tunnel?” BAR, September/October 2013.
- Alan R. Millard, “Daniel and Belshazzar in History,” BAR, May/June 1985.
- Strata, Exhibit Watch: “Cyrus Cylinder Begins American Tour,” BAR, May/June 2013.
- Sidebar “How Sheshonq Became Shishak” in Yigal Levin, Sidebar “Did Pharaoh Sheshonq Attack Jerusalem?” BAR, July/August 2012.
- Siegfried H. Horn, “Why the Moabite Stone Was Blown to Pieces,” BAR, May/June 1986.
- André Lemaire, “‘House of David’ Restored in Moabite Inscription,” BAR, May/June 1994.
- Andrea Berlin and Geoffrey B. Waywell, “Monumental Tombs from Maussollos to the Maccabees,” BAR, May/June 2007.