BAR Notables November/December 2016
Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- Hershel Shanks, “The Saga of ‘The Gospel of Jesus’ Wife,’” BAR, May/June 2015.
- Shawna Dolansky, Biblical Views: “The Multiple Truths of Myths,” BAR, January/February 2016.
Gods & Kingdoms
- P. Kyle McCarter Jr., Ancient Inscriptions: Voices from the Biblical World (Washington, DC: Biblical Archaeology Society, 1996).
- Timothy P. Harrison, “Rabbath of the Ammonites,” Archaeology Odyssey, March/April 2002.
- P. Kyle McCarter Jr., “A Voice of Their Own: Ammonite Inscriptions,” Archaeology Odyssey, March/April 2002.
- P.M. Michèle Daviau and Paul-Eugène Dion, “Moab Comes to Life,” BAR, January/February 2002.
- Siegfried H. Horn, “Why the Moabite Stone Was Blown to Pieces,” BAR, May/June 1986.
Temple Mount Sifting Project
- Strata: “How Many?” BAR, July/August 2014.
- Strata: “Child’s Eagle Eyes Spy Egyptian Amulet,” BAR, September/October 2016.
- Robert Deutsch, “JPFs: More Questions than Answers,” BAR, September/October 2014.
- Shmuel Ahituv, “Did God Have a Wife?” BAR, September/October 2006.
- Ephraim Stern, “Pagan Yahwism: The Folk Religion of Ancient Israel,” BAR, May/June 2001.
- Frankie Snyder, Gabriel Barkay and Zachi Dvira, “What the Temple Mount Floor Looked Like,” BAR, November/December 2016.
Temple Mount Floor
- Gabriel Barkay and Zachi Dvira, “Relics in Rubble: The Temple Mount Sifting Project,” BAR, November/December 2016.