BAR Notables January/February 2016
Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- Hershel Shanks, “Is ‘Bible’ a Dirty Word?” BAR, September/October 2015.
- Asher S. Kaufman, “Where the Ancient Temple of Jerusalem Stood” BAR, March/April 1983.
- David Jacobson, “Sacred Geometry: Unlocking the Secret of the Temple Mount—Parts 1 and 2,” BAR, July/August 1999 and September/October 1999.
- Asher S. Kaufman, “Kaufman Responds to Jacobson,” in “Where Was the Temple—The Debate Goes On,” BAR, March/April 2000.
- Noah Wiener, “Proto-Aeolic Capital Associated with Judah’s Longest Spring Tunnel,” Bible History Daily(blog), originally published on January 15, 2014.
- Ziony Zevit, “Was Eve Made from Adam’s Rib—or His Baculum?” BAR, September/October 2015.
- Aren M. Maeir and Carl S. Ehrlich, “Excavating Philistine Gath: Have We Found Goliath’s Hometown?” BAR, November/December 2001.
- Aren M. Maeir, “Prize Find: Horned Altar from Tell es-Safi Hints at Philistine Origins,” BAR, January/February 2012.
- Norma Franklin and Jennie Ebeling, “Archaeological Views: Returning to Jezreel,” BAR, May/June 2013.
- Matthew J. Adams, “Archaeological Views: On the Shoulders of Giants: Directing Jerusalem’s Albright Institute,” BAR, November/December 2014.
- Matthew J. Adams, Jonathan David and Yotam Tepper, “Legio: Excavations at the Camp of the Roman Sixth Ferrata Legion in Israel,” Bible History Daily, (blog), October 20, 2013.
- Rami Arav, Richard A. Freund and John F. Shroder, Jr., “Bethsaida Rediscovered,” BAR, January/February 2000.
- “Magnificent Mosaic Menorah,” BAR, January/February 2016.
- Joey Corbett, “New Synagogue Excavations in Israel and Beyond,” BAR, July/August 2011.
- Simon Gathercole, “The Gospel of Thomas: Jesus Said What?” BAR, July/August 2015.