BAR Notables January/February 2014
Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- In Their Own Words: “Stop the Presses: Report on ‘Gospel of Jesus’ Wife’ Due Out Mid-Summer,” BAR, July/August 2013.
- Robert J. Bull, “Caesarea Maritima: The Search for Herod’s City,” BAR, May/June 1982.
- Hershel Shanks, “Dead Sea Scrolls Update: Is the Vatican Suppressing the Dead Sea Scrolls?” BAR, November/December 1991.
- John Camp and Amihai Mazar, “The Search for History in the Bible: Will Tel Rehov Save the United Monarchy?” BAR, March/April 2000.
- Hershel Shanks, “Is the Harvard Theological Review a Coward or Did Dr. Karen King Do Something Wrong? Publication of Scholar’s Article on ‘Gospel of Jesus’ Wife’ Postponed,” Bible History Daily (blog), October 16, 2012.
- Deborah A. Thomas, “Uncovering Nineveh,” Archaeology Odyssey, September/October 2004.
- Eric H. Cline and Assaf Yasur-Landau, “Aegeans in Israel: Minoan Frescoes at Tel Kabri,” BAR, July/August 2013.
- Lawrence E. Stager, “The Fury of Babylon: Ashkelon and the Archaeology of Destruction,” BAR, January/February 1996.
- Aaron Brody and Anna Marguerite McCann, “Exploring the Deep,” BAR, January/February 2003.
- William G. Dever, “Back Breakers from Ashkelon and Hazor,” BAR, March/April 2013.
- Ehud Weiss and Mordechai E. Kislev, “Weeds & Seeds: What Archaeobotany Can Teach Us,” BAR, November/December 2004.
- Alan R. Millard, “The Question of Israelite Literacy,” Bible Review, Fall 1987.
- Ephraim Stern, “Pagan Yahwism: The Folk Religion of Ancient Israel,” BAR, May/June 2001.
- “Yahweh and His Asherah: The Debate Continues,” sidebar to Uzi Avner, “Sacred Stones in the Desert,” BAR, May/June 2001.
- André Lemaire, “Who or What Was Yahweh’s Asherah?” BAR, November/December 1984.
- Ze'ev Meshel, “Did Yahweh Have a Consort?” BAR, March/April 1979.
- Stephen Goranson, “7 vs 8: The Battle Over the Holy Day at Dura-Europos,” Bible Review, August 1996.
- Philip J. King, “Circumcision: Who Did It, Who Didn’t and Why,” BAR, July/August 2006.
- Eilat Mazar, “Did I Find King David’s Palace?,” BAR, January/February 2006.
- Eilat Mazar, “The Wall That Nehemiah Built,” BAR, March/April 2009.
- Hershel Shanks, “Where Was Solomon’s Palace?” in “Jerusalem Roundup,” BAR, March/April 2011.