BAR Notables May/June 2014
Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- “Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due—New Study Shows That John Strugnell Substantially Reconstructed and Deciphered MMT” BAR, March/April 2001.
- “Qimron Threatens to Sue Garcia Martinez for Character Defamation” BAR, January/February 2003.
- Hershel Shanks, First Person: “Why Did Judas Identify Jesus with a Kiss?” BAR, January/February 2014.
- Strata: “‘Jesus’ Wife’ Update,” BAR, January/February 2014.
- Strata: In Their Own Words: “Stop the Presses: Report on ‘Gospel of Jesus’ Wife’ Due Out Mid-Summer,” BAR, July/August 2013.
- Hershel Shanks, “Is the Harvard Theological Review a Coward or Did Dr. Karen King Do Something Wrong? Publication of Scholar’s Article on ‘Gospel of Jesus’ Wife’ Postponed,” Bible History Daily (blog), October 16, 2012.
- “Issue 200: Ten Top Discoveries,” BAR, July/August, September/October 2009.
- Robert J. Miller, “The Gospels That Didn’t Make the Cut,” Bible Review, August 1993.
- James M. Robinson, “What We Should Do Next Time Great Manuscripts Are Discovered,” BAR, January/February 1992.
- James Brashler, “Nag Hammadi Codices Shed New Light on Early Christian History,” BAR, January/February 1984.
- See Rami Arav, “Excarnation: Food for Vultures,” BAR, November/December 2011.
- Nadav Na’aman, “Cow Town or Royal Capital?” BAR, July/August 1997.
- Norma Franklin, “Lost Tombs of the Israelite Kings,” BAR, July/August 2007.
- Amos Kloner, “Did a Rolling Stone Close Jesus’ Tomb?” BAR, September/October 1999.
- Geoffrey B. Waywell and Andrea Berlin, “Monumental Tombs from Maussollos to the Maccabees,” BAR, May/June 2007.
- Suzanne F. Singer, Strata: “Herod the Great—The King’s Final Journey,” BAR, March/April 2013.
- Ehud Netzer, “In Search of Herod’s Tomb,” BAR, January/February 2011.
- Chris Rollston, “What’s the Oldest Hebrew Inscription?” BAR, May/June 2012.
- “Assyrian Palaces Where Wall Reliefs Were Found,” sidebar to Erika Bleibtreu, “Five Ways to Conquer a City,” BAR, May/June 1990.
- “Contracts of Kings ... and Shepherds,” sidebar to Ray Westbrook, “Good as His Word,” BAR, May/June 2009.
- “The Black Obelisk,” sidebar to Erika Bleibtreu, “Grisly Assyrian Record of Torture and Death,” BAR, January/February 1991.
- Molly Dewsnap Meinhardt, “Abraham’s Ur: Did Woolley Excavate the Wrong Place?” BAR, January/February 2000.
- Bruce Zuckerman, “Archaeological Views: New Eyeballs on Ancient Texts,” BAR, November/December 2011.
- Irit Ziffer, “Portraits of Ancient Israelite Kings?” BAR, September/October 2013.
- Mary Joan Winn Leith, Biblical Views: “Who Did Cain Marry?” BAR, November/December 2013.
- Ross. S. Kraemer, Bible Books, review of Discovering Eve: Ancient Israelite Women in Context, by Carol Meyers, Bible Review, August 1990.