BAR Notables September/October 2016
Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- Ehud Netzer, “In Search of Herod’s Tomb,” BAR, January/February 2011.
- Milestones: “Ehud Netzer,” BAR, January/February 2011.
- Hershel Shanks, “Was Herod’s Tomb Really Found?” BAR, May/June 2014.
- Queries and Comments: “Fund-raising for Finding Herod’s Tomb,” BAR, September/October 2014.
- Hershel Shanks, First Person: “What Should We Do with $25,000?” BAR, May/June 2015.
- Rami Arav, Richard A. Freund and John F. Shroder, Jr., “Bethsaida Rediscovered” BAR, January/February 2000.
- Tom McCollough, “Searching for Cana: Where Jesus Turned Water into Wine,” BAR, November/December 2015.
- D. Moody Smith, “John—Historian or Theologian?” Bible Review, October 2004.
- D. Moody Smith, Biblical Views: “Painting a Portrait of Jesus,” BAR, March/April 2007.
- 40 Futures, Digging Deeper 3 (Washington, DC: Biblical Archaeology Society, 2015).
- Yosef Ofer, “The Mystery of the Missing Pages of the Aleppo Codex,” BAR, July/August 2015.
- Emanuel Tov, “Searching for the ‘Original Bible,’” BAR, July/August 2014.
- David Marcus and James A. Sanders, “What’s Critical About a Critical Edition of the Bible?” BAR, November/December 2013.
- Yosef Ofer, “The Shattered Crown, 60 Years After the Riots,” BAR, September/October 2008.
- Harvey Minkoff, “The Aleppo Codex—Ancient Bible from the Ashes,” Bible Review, August 1991.
- Sidnie White Crawford, “A View from the Caves,” BAR, September/October 2011.
- Steve Mason, “Did the Essenes Write the Dead Sea Scrolls?” BAR, November/December 2008.
- Ada Yardeni, “A New Dead Sea Scroll in Stone?” BAR, January/February 2008.
- Paul Sanders, “Missing Link in Hebrew Bible Formation,” BAR, November/December 2015.
- Eta Linneman, “Is There a Gospel of Q?” Bible Review, August 1995.
- Stephen J. Patterson, “Yes Virginia, There Is a Q,” Bible Review, October 1995.
- Birger A. Pearson, “Judas Iscariot Among the Gnostics,” BAR, May/June 2008.
- Stanley E. Porter, “Hero or Thief? Constantine Tischendorf Turns Two Hundred,” BAR, September/October 2015.
- “Who Owns the Codex Sinaiticus?” BAR, November/December 2007.
- Stephen J. Patterson, “The Oxyrhynchus Papyri,” BAR, March/April 2011.
- Leo Depuydt, “Coptic: Egypt’s Christian Language,” BAR, November/December 2015.
- Charles W. Hedrick, “Liberator of the Nag Hammadi Codices,” BAR, July/August 2016.
- André Lemaire, “The Universal God,” BAR, November/December 2005.